Floor coverings in contemporary design are represented by many different substances, many of which resemble natural timber https://1popechi.ru/ in their characteristics. The leading place among this chic variety is accepted by tiles . It is manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. As a result of rich selection of textures and colours, such floors look spectacular and stylish, and match with almost any style of room design.
Advantages and disadvantages
The massive demand for flooring tiles under laminate is explained not just by their presentable appearance, but also by a number of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and organic solid wood, so it is frequently employed as the primary element for decorating flooring.
Among the favorable properties of the material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in performance. The coat doesn’t wear off and doesn’t lose its attractiveness after 50 years;
- security in program. The boards are resistant to elevated temperature fluctuations, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. The material is impermeable to water, so it is not a favorable place for the creation of fungus and mold;
- superb thermal insulating material. Such coatings are Acceptable for the machine”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which in high temperature is able to conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In look, the tiles aren’t poor to flooring made from natural stone or wood.
No matter how ideal this material is, it isn’t devoid of downsides.
The primary disadvantages of artificial laminate may include:
- The large cost. The product, which may last over a dozen decades is pricey, but in operation, these prices are sure to pay off;
- low rates of sound insulation.
To date, tile under the laminate is produced of 2 different types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The first variant of the coating is obtained by the technology of monocottura.
This type of product is distinguished by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, nicely withstands mechanical loads.
In addition, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
As for porcelain stoneware, it is produced from special types of clay and mineral impurities, whose composition is similar to that of pure stone. The result is a durable and beautiful finishing substance.
The two types of boards just replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but occasionally square ones are available.